What Are Glamping Pods? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Over the past years, glamping pods have become more and more popular. They are a great alternative to the more traditional holiday accommodation options. They are much more luxurious than a regular tent but less expensive than a hotel. But the greatest thing about glamping pods is their versatility. In other words, just because they are marketed as holiday accommodation, that doesn’t mean you can’t use them for other purposes. Glamping pods benefit from a quick installation and can be used year-round.
So, if you’re curious about these super-modern structures, keep reading. You’ll find all you need to know about glamping pods below!
What Is a Glamping Pod?
The easiest way to describe a glamping pod is by saying that it is a comfortable wooden structure that was designed to replace the traditional tent. Glamping pods aim to allow their occupants to be close to nature while also being protected from bad weather, unwanted guests, and an aching back. Glamping pods are popular investments for campsites that want to offer a more boutique experience and that are looking to attract the younger generations.
As mentioned above, glamping pods are a great way to diversify a business, whether it’s a property that’s being rented through Airbnb, a holiday park, a festival, or any other tourist attraction. It is quite common for hotels and holiday parks to add glamping pods as more and more people are starting to appreciate this type of accommodation.
What Are the Benefits of Glamping Pods?
- Glamping pods are a great addition to smaller properties. If you want to accommodate more people on your property, a glamping pod is a great solution. You don’t need to run a business to get one installed. A glamping pod is versatile and it has many uses, so it can easily become a guest bedroom, a granny annexe, a garden bar, and even a garden office.
- They can help a business diversify its services. The pandemics have forced people to spend a lot of time inside, so it’s only natural for them to look for a holiday destination that allows us to be in nature. So, instead of spending half of your holiday inside a hotel, wouldn’t you rather choose a glamping pod? We definitely would!
- They offer a unique experience. Glamping pods can be installed in places where other buildings might not get a permit. Also, they can be installed and moved around easily. So, if you’re lucky enough, you might be able to rent a glamping pod that’s installed on a farm, in a vineyard, or on a cliff with a nice view.
- They blend in. Glamping pods blend in perfectly with the surrounding environment. They are made of eco-friendly materials and they will enhance your experience.
- Authentic, yet comfortable. Camping has so many advantages and it is an absolutely amazing activity. But it also comes with a few risks and hassles. If you want to enjoy nature the same way you would in a tent, a glamping pod is the next best thing. And the nicest part is that you’ll sleep in a comfy bed, and you won’t have to deal with those pesky mosquitoes.
- You won’t need as much luggage. When you go on holiday, you need to be prepared for anything, especially if you want to spend time in nature. If you’ve been camping, then you know how much luggage you end up carrying around – tents, blankets, pots, umbrella, chairs, etc. Being prepared for bad weather is quite important regardless of your destination. But if your destination includes a glamping pod, you won’t have anything to worry about.
- Glamping pods are romantic. A glamping pod is a great romantic destination. You get to look at the stars while drinking a bottle of champagne. They are almost always placed in secluded and private locations where you can finally forget about the humdrum of everyday life and spend some quality time with your partner. And they look great in pictures.
- A wooden pod is a great investment. If you need a home office, an extra bedroom, or a garden bar, the most affordable option is a garden pod. Made of natural materials, a garden pod will complement your space and will make your property more attractive to potential buyers.
Glamping Pods – FAQ
Do glamping pods have toilets? Yes, glamping pods can have toilets, but that doesn’t mean that all of them have. Before renting a glamping pod, check with the owner to ensure that your glamping pod will have a toilet. If you want to have a pod installed in your garden, the good news is that you can choose one that’s large enough to fit a bathroom inside it.
Do glamping pods have beds?
Yes, glamping pods have comfortable beds. They are meant to elevate the camping experience by offering customers a more comfortable stay. If you plan on getting a garden pod for your garden, we recommend choosing one that will fit a large bed.
Do glamping pods have heating?
This depends on where they are installed and what the owner decides. It’s always wise to rent a glamping pod that has electricity. This way, if the owner doesn’t offer any heating source, you can bring an electrical heater with you. More luxurious glamping pods can be equipped with heated floors, fireplaces, and even saunas. If you are interested in buying a garden pod that is comfortable in winter, you can opt for insulation, install a heating system, and use it year-round.
Do glamping pods need planning permission?
If you want to install a single glamping pod in your garden, for personal use, you probably won’t need planning permission. However, it’s always better to check beforehand, especially if your pod might block your neighbour’s light or access.
How much does a glamping pod cost?
Glamping pods come in many different shapes and sizes, so their costs can vary. If you’re looking for an affordable wooden structure, we offer small garden pods such as Small Garden Room Noah with prices starting from £3,475.00.
Glamping pods, also known as garden pods, can have many different uses. They have become increasingly popular as holiday accommodation as they allow you to spend time in nature while also enjoying the comfort of a soft bed, a toilet, and electricity. The greatest thing about glamping pods is their versatility. They can have many different uses, from an extra bedroom to a garden office. So, if you need more space in your home, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of construction work, a garden pod is a perfect option.