When considering purchasing a carport with a garage, there are a few things you need to consider.
- How many cars are you planning to park in the carport?
- If only one, what will you use the other side for?
- Will there be space for your carport in your garden?
- Do you need planning permission for your wooden carport with a garage?
How many cars are you planning to park in the carport?
The first thing you should consider before purchasing your carport with a garage is how many vehicles you plan to park in it.
If you plan to park two, you might want to consider one of our carports with a garage door for easy access. However, the carports with garages with double doors will also allow you to park two cars, as the doors are wide enough for any vehicle.
If only one, what will you use the other side for?
If you decide you only want to park one vehicle under the carport area, you should consider how you want to use the garage aspect of your purchase.
There are so many options available to you! You could turn it into the home gym you have always dreamed of, use it as extra storage for garden equipment or children’s today, or even revamp it into a home office for the days you work from home.
Will there be space for your carport in your garden?
Before you make any purchase, you need to ensure space on your property for a carport with a garage.
While it might seem like you have plenty of room, these structures tend to be much larger than people anticipate, so take your time and measure out your space before committing to any purchase.
Do you need planning permission for your wooden carport with a garage?
Finally, you must consider whether your purchase requires planning permission. This will depend entirely on each personal circumstance but will be impacted by the same main aspects:
- How big is the structure in comparison to your garden?
- Where will the structure be placed in your garden?
- How do you plan to use the structure?
- Will it impact any of the surrounding properties?
Check out the rules in your local area and get confirmation before you make a purchase.