Did you think that summer houses can only be used during the summer? This is a very common misconception. The best thing about wooden summer houses is that they can be used in any garden setting year-round, so maybe we should start referring to them as all-season houses.
Although most outdoor activities are enjoyed during the warm summer months, there are plenty of things that you can do in a wooden log cabin during the winter. Even if the ‘weather outside is frightful’ and winter is knocking at your log cabin door, there are plenty of ways to enjoy spending time with your friends and family.
Before you start making plans, make sure your wooden summer house is winter-proofed. To use your garden house comfortably during the winter, you need to check if it is properly insulated. Our summer houses can be equipped with roof and floor insulation. Insulation will reduce the costs of heating and we recommend adding it during the initial installation of the log cabin.
Another important winter-proofing aspect is choosing the best heating option. If you want your log cabin to be cozy and welcoming, we recommend installing a fireplace. There’s nothing quite like cuddling with your loved ones in front of the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies. If you’re not into the whole rustic vibe and you prefer a more easy-to-use heating system, you can opt for electrical heating.
And last but not least, add comfortable furniture, thick carpets, fluffy pillows, and blankets. Your guests will be grateful for not having to worry about getting cold feet.
– Whether you want to organize a sleepover for your kids and their friends or a party for adults, things will be much more comfortable if everyone wears pajamas. Your wooden summer house is the perfect place for this type of event because you can easily decorate it, there’s plenty of space, and you can even let your kids install tents and go fake-camping. Don’t forget to decorate the garden cabin with hanging lights and to prepare some delicious snacks. If you have a fireplace you can roast marshmallows. The kids will have a wonderful time!
– wintertime is perfect for indoor activities and wooden summer houses can easily be transformed into home cinemas. Invite all your friends to watch scary movies, Christmas movies, or anything you guys like. And don’t forget to make plenty of popcorn!
– Working out is not as fun as watching movies or having sleepovers, but being in good physical shape is. And besides, if you transform your wooden log cabin into a gym, you won’t feel as bad for eating all that delicious Christmas food. Whether you’re into yoga, Pilates, aerobics, or other types of indoor sports, having a home gym will be much more comfortable and you’ll be grateful for being in top shape when spring comes.
– Wooden garden rooms have many practical and creative uses. If you have an artistic side, you can turn your wooden summer house into an arts and crafts room. You’ll finally have a place to store all of your tools and instruments and you’ll get to enjoy some alone time whenever you need it. However, you don’t have to focus on solitary activities; you can call your friends over and start a cool project together. You can create Christmas decorations or other handmade items and sell them for charity, start a band, or even start a workshop.
– Cooking is a great activity and it’s a satisfying one as well, especially when you get a lot of compliments from your loved ones. Wooden summer houses make perfect living rooms, dining rooms, and even hobby rooms. They are cozy, intimate, and they can easily be adapted to your needs. If your home is not spacious enough to accommodate a large table and chairs, a wooden summer house, such as our Modern Summer House Hansa Lounge XL with Veranda, is a perfect solution. Additionally, wooden summer houses can easily be equipped with kitchens and bathrooms to make things even more comfortable for you and your family.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy a wooden summer house during the winter. With a little winter-proofing and plenty of imagination, you can organize unforgettable events. There’s nothing better than spending time with your loved ones in a comfortable environment.
How will you be enjoying your wooden summer house this winter? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!